Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 5, Blog 1, Chapter 9

In chapter 9, Communicating Leadership, the author talks about habits of character. It means when someone is a leader, they are genuine and sincere about it. Instead of being flashy and having shameless self-promotion, they are inspiring and are important to the company. I feel that people are born leaders, not made. I think the characteristics of a leader are something that comes from within. Personally, I feel that I am a leader and always have been. I have always liked to take charge and make sure everyone in my group whether it be at school, work, or personal life, is satisfied and comfortable with the decisions being discussed.

1 comment:

  1. Hello G,

    I enjoyed reading your post because I never really thought about whether leaders were born or made. I agree with you though - leaders are born. Good leaders have to have a certain quality that you cannot fake or even learn. It is hard for a person who is always moody and grumpy to all of a sudden possess good leadership skills and care about everyone else's comfort level.

    I worked as a Sales Manager for a long time and the reason I got promoted is because my boss said I possessed the natural qualities to lead and manage.

    ReplyDelete